Indian Creek Recreation Area
The Indian Creek Recreation Area was purchased by the university in 1938. Recreational Services took responsibility for the swimming pool in 1974 and for the rest of the 15.5 acres, including the tennis courts and Indian Creek Lodge in 1991. The Challenge Program ropes course was added in 1985.
Located in DeKalb County, the property offers the Georgia State community a large swimming pool and snack bar (summer semester use only), lodge, picnic grounds, sand volleyball court and Challenge Program ropes course.
900 South Indian Creek Drive,
Stone Mountain, Ga 30083
Georgia State properties’ and facilities’ policies are applicable, which include, but are not limited to:
- NO SMOKING ALLOWED - Smoking, smoking devices, e-cigarettess, tobacco, and drugs in any form is prohibited in all recreational facilities.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are allowed anywhere on the premises.
- NO PETS are allowed anywhere on the premises, except for working companion animals.
- Parking should be confined to the paved areas only. Parking on grass or dirt is prohibited.
Currently enrolled Atlanta campus students and current recreation members may use the facility for free. Students not currently enrolled in summer semester may be eligible for the Continuing Student Membership.
- $3.00 per visit: Non-Recreation member Georgia State University Faculty or Staff
- $3.00 per visit: Non-Recreation member Georgia State University degree holding graduates
- $3.00 per visit: Currently enrolled Georgia State University Perimeter College students, who are not paying the recreation membership of $21 per month
- $3.00 per person per visit: Guests of current student, member or Georgia State University faculty or staff. There is a limit of three guests.
- All members are required to show current identification to access the ICRA pool
- All users (members, family and guests) of the ICRA pool are required to follow all rules, policies and procedures of Georgia State University and ICRA. Failure to comply may result in immediate revocation of membership. Members are responsible for the behavior and actions of their family and guests.
- All users (members, family and guests) of the ICRA pool must read and sign a release/waiver.
- Minors (persons 17 years or younger) must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
Family Season Pass*
$50: Currently enrolled students
$60: Recreation members
* Limited to spouse, dependent children, and 1 caregiver of current student or member