Recreational Services manages three facilities — the Student Recreation Center, Indian Creak Recreation Area and Panthersville.
Our flag ship facility, the Student Recreation Center, opened in August of 2001. In 2002, it was recognized by the National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) as an Outstanding Sports Facility. In 2012, the building became Green Globes certified, earning 3 globes.
The Indian Creek Recreation Area was purchased by the university in 1938. Recreational Services took responsibility for the swimming pool in 1974 and for the rest of the 15.5 acres, including the tennis courts and Indian Creek Lodge in 1991. The Challenge Program ropes course was added in 1985.
Panthersville, in Decatur, hosts outdoor intramural sports, sport club practices, sport club competitions and numerous special events.