Indian Creek Recreation Area
Reservations for the Indian Creek Lodge are now being accepted. The first available date that the lodge can be utilized will be January 13th.
Nine months of construction crammed into 1 minute and 30 seconds!
The Indian Creek Recreation Area was purchased by the university in 1938. Recreational Services took responsibility for the swimming pool in 1974 and for the rest of the 15.5 acres, including the tennis courts and Indian Creek Lodge in 1991. The Challenge Program ropes course was added in 1985.
Located in DeKalb County, the property offers the Georgia State community a large swimming pool and snack bar (summer semester use only), lodge, picnic grounds, sand volleyball court, and Challenge Program ropes course.
Special features of the Indian Creek Recreation Area:
- The lodge is well suited for approved Georgia State University group meetings and retreats.
- Picnic facilities, a sand volleyball court and a children’s play area are available on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the year.
- The swimming pool operates during the summer. (Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- The Challenge Program ropes course is used by groups to build teamwork, trust and communication.
May 27 – August 25
Monday – Sunday: 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
August 25 – September 2
Saturday & Sunday only: 11:30 a. m – 8 p.m.
Currently enrolled students and current recreation members may use the facility for free.
(Students not currently enrolled in summer semester may be eligible for the Continuing Student Membership)
$3.00 per visit: Non Recreation member GSU Faculty/Staff
$3.00 per visit: Non Recreation member GSU degree holding graduates
Guests of current student, member or GSU faculty/staff:
$3.00 per person. There is a limit of 4 guests.
- All members are required to show current identification to access the ICRA pool
- All users (members, family and guests) of the ICRA pool are required to follow all rules, policies and procedures of Georgia State University and the ICRA. Failure to comply may result in immediate revocation of membership. Members are responsible for the behavior and actions of their family and guests.
- All users (members, family and guests) of the ICRA pool must read and sign a release/waiver.
- Minors (persons 18 years or younger) must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
Family Season Pass*
$50: Currently enrolled students
$60: Recreation members
* Mother, father, sibling or spouse, dependent children of GSU ID Card holder
Private Swimming Lessons at Indian Creek Pool
Lessons are available to all abilities and ages. Lessons are 30 minutes in length. Lessons will be scheduled around instructor availability during regular pool hours. You can only register at the Indian Creek Pool. Please bring your PantherCard to register. Cash and check only are accepted.
Costs: 3 sessions/6 sessions
$30/$55: GSU students & their children
$40/$75: Faculty/Staff & Alumni & their children
Reservations are accepted from currently enrolled students, recreation members, chartered student organizations and departments of Georgia State University. To reserve this space, go to our Reservations page.