Become an Instructor
Recreational Services hires instructors to teach general group exercise classes, cycling, yoga, mind and body classes, dance, martial arts and a variety of fitness classes!
Anyone who is interested in becoming an instructor or has any questions should email Stephanie Belcher.
Group Exercise Instructor Job Description:
- Safely instruct an effective, creative group fitness class at the Student Recreation Center.
- Provide quality customer service to all participants in class, regardless of fitness level, appearance or otherwise.
- Communicate effectively with the instructional programs coordinator through phone, email or in person.
- Enforce all program policies and procedures as they pertain to the class.
- Enforce all building policies and procedures and assist as needed during emergencies.
- Possess current CPR, AED and first aid certifications.
- Possess current certification or experience in desired class. Examples include, but are not limited to, American Council on Exercise (ACE) Primary Group Fitness Instructor and Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Primary Group Fitness Instructor.
|Dance Certifying Agencies|
|Group Fitness Certifying Agencies|
|Indoor Cycling Certifying Agencies|
|Yoga Certifying Agencies|