We hire officials and referees to work flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball. There are also opportunities to work other sports and special events.
All you need to do to apply is come to the information session listed to the left. We’ll provide you with all the training you need. It’s that simple!
Intramural Official – Job Description
The official is the backbone and one of the most important jobs within the Intramural Program. Individuals can be assured that this job will provide an escape from the pressures of school and allow one to interact with their fellow students while learning many of the skills that will enhance the student’s education. The Intramural Program hires and trains officials for all sports and allows members to become part of a team, meet new friends, have an outlet for support and have a voice within the Intramural Program. No experience is necessary to become an official. We will train you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Officiate intramural activities
- Set up and take down equipment and supplies
- Oversee participant check in and equipment checkout
- Ensure that Intramural playing area, participants and fans are safe
- Enforce rules of the intramural sports
- Manage the flow of the game
- Educate participants on the rules and conduct expected in intramural sports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of intramural sports rules and playing area set up
- Must possess good communication skills and the ability to resolve conflicts
- Must possess the ability to run for an extended amount of time
Minimum Hiring Standard
- Currently enrolled as a student at Georgia State University
- General knowledge of officiating and rules for intramural sports