Outdoor Equipment Rental
June 5 - July 24: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
July 25 - August 18: Monday-Friday, 12 - 5 p.m.
August 21 - December 4: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
December 5 - 12: Monday-Friday, 12 - 5 p.m.
Equipment must be picked up and returned during the above hours.
Closures and Special Rental Deals
Closed August 5-13: four day charge
Closed September 4 for Labor Day: free day
Closed November 20-25 for Thanksgiving: four day charge
Closed December 13-January 8: no rentals available
Parking for Loading and Unloading
A voucher will be provided by the parking attendant upon arrival. The voucher will need to be validated by the Touch the Earth personnel in order to exit the parking lot. Parking is for 20 minutes. Park in the space marked Touch the Earth. No parking on sidewalk. Call 404-413-1772.
- Reservations can be made a week in advance and must be made in person.
- Must pay in full at the time of reservation.
- Weekend rentals are priced on per night charge, no modifications to this rate will be made.
- Reservation cancellations must be made at least one day in advance of the check-out date to receive a full refund minus a $5 handling fee.
- A $1 per item per day late fee is charged in addition to the daily rental fee. Exception: Bikes are charged $20 per day.
- Upon return, all tents will receive a full inspection. Pending the number of returns, inspection could take place within a week of return.
- For equipment that needs to be repaired or cleaned, you will be charged $15/hour, up to original cost of the equipment. Fees associated to these costs will be assessed within a week of equipment return.
- Failure to pay late fees or damages may result in a hold on your account or suspended rental privileges.
|Item||Price per Night
||Limit per Person|
|Commuter bike***||$1 or $2||One|
|Backpacking & Camping|
|Tent (six-person)||$5 or $6||Two|
|Tent (four-person)||$4 or $5||Two|
|Tent (one or two-person)||$3 or $4||Two|
|Backpack with cover (internal or external frame)||$3 or $4||Four|
|Sleeping bag/pad||$5 or $6||Five|
|Sleeping pad||$2 or $3||Five|
|Cook kit (backpack or family)||$2 or $3||Three|
|Tarp (10'x 10' or larger)||$2 or $3||Three|
|Backpack stove**||$3 or $4||Three|
|Two-burner stove**||$4 or $6||Four|
|Lantern**||$4 or $6||Four|
|Battery lantern||$3 or $5||Four|
|Cooler||$3 or $4||Two|
|Backpacking Package (Backpack, Tent,
Sleeping Bag/Pad, Stove, Pot Set)
|$14 or $17||Two|
|Car Camping Package (Tent, Stove, Cooler,
Sleeping Bag/Pad, Lantern)
|$20 or $24||Two|
|Whitewater canoe*||$20 or $25||One|
|Flatwater canoe||$10 or $12||Two|
|Whitewater kayak*||$12 or $15||One|
|Recreational kayak (sit on top or sit in)||$8 or $10||Two|
|Touring kayak*||$12 or $15||One|
|Inflatable stand-up paddleboard||$10 or $12||Two|
|Boat Package (Boat, Paddle, PFD, car kit)||$15 or $17||One|
|Car kit||$2 or $3||Four|
|Wetsuit (farmer john or farmer jane)||$4 or $5||Four|
|Camp or canoe seat||$2 or $3||Four|
|Crash pad||$5 or $7||Two|
*Requires completion of Touch the Earth clinic or school and permission from the Outdoor Recreation Coordinator. Call 404-413-1773 one week in advance.
**Customers will receive a stove or lantern with a previously used fuel canister and a new canister at no additional charge.
***Rental period up to three consecutive days maximum. Helmet, lock and lamps provided. Late fee: $20 per day.
****All watercraft rentals come with paddles and PFDs.