Outdoor Equipment Rental
Hours of Operation
July 26 – August 19: Monday-Friday, 12-5 p.m.
August 22 – December 5: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
December 6 – 16: Monday-Friday, 12-5 p.m.
Equipment must be picked up and returned during the above hours.
Closures and Special Rental Deals
Closed August 6 – 14 for maintenance week: four day charge
Closed November 21 – 25 for Thanksgiving: four day charge
Closed December 17 – January 8: seven day charge
Parking for Loading and Unloading
A voucher will be provided by the parking attendant upon arrival. The voucher will need to be validated by the Touch the Earth (TTE) personnel in order to exit the parking lot. Parking is for 20 minutes. Park in the space marked Touch the Earth. No parking on sidewalk. Call 404-413-1772.
- Rental equipment is available for checkout to current students, faculty and staff. Graduates must be members of the Student Recreation Center to enjoy this service! A PantherCard must be presented.
- A $20 deposit must be left for any reservation. Full payment for equipment must be made when the equipment is picked up.
- Deposit will be forfeited if reservation is not cancelled by 5 p.m. on scheduled day of pickup.
- Advance reservations must be made in person.
- A Friday through Monday rental is assessed a two day charge.
- A $1 per item per day late fee is charged in addition to the daily rental fee. Exception: Bikes are charged $20 per day.
- Additional charges will apply for any equipment returned damaged, wet or dirty (i.e., tents and stoves).
- Payment by cash, check, PantherCash or credit card.
- Deposits may be held overnight for equipment needing inspection if equipment is returned after 5:30 p.m.
- Upon return all tents will receive a full set up inspection
Cost categories are as follows: students or recreation members
|Item||Price per Day||Limit per Person|
|Tent (six-person)||$5 or $6||Two|
|Tent (four-person)||$4 or $5||Two|
|Tent (one or two-person)||$3 or $4||Two|
|Backpack with cover (internal or external frame)||$3 or $4||Four|
|Sleeping bag||$3 or $4||10|
|Ensolite pad||$2 or $3||10|
|Cook kit (backpack or family)||$2 or $3||Four|
|Tarp (10’x 10′ or larger)||$2 or $3||Four|
|Backpack stove**||$3 or $4||Four|
|Two-burner stove**||$4 or $6||Four|
|Lantern**||$4 or $6||Four|
|Battery lantern||$3 or $5||Four|
|Water bottle||$1 or $2||10|
|Poncho||$1 or $2||10|
|Cooler||$3 or $4||Two|
|Whitewater canoe*||$20 or $25||One|
|Flatwater canoe||$10 or $12||Two|
|Whitewater kayak*||$12 or $15||One|
|Recreational kayak (sit on top or sit in)||$8 or $10||Two|
|Touring kayak*||$12 or $15||One|
|Car kit||$2 or $3||Two|
|Wetsuit (farmer john or farmer jane)||$4 or $5||Four|
|Crash pad||$5 or $7||Two|
|Camp or canoe seat||$2 or $3||Four|
*NOTE: Requires completion of Touch the Earth clinic or school and permission from the outdoor recreation coordinator. Call 404-413-1773 one week in advance.
**Customers will receive a stove or lantern with a previously used fuel canister and a new canister at no additional charge.
***Rental period up to three consecutive days maximum. Helmet, lock and lamps provided. Late fee: $20 per day.