|Registered EMS Users||First Time Users||EMS Users for Rec Forms|
|Individuals who have used EMS and requested space in one of Recreational Services’ facilities already should select Request Space below:||Individuals who have not used EMS should select Request Access below. Be sure to request access to Recreational Services’ forms.||Individuals who have used EMS but never requested space in one of Recreational Services’ facilities should select Email for Access below to gain access to forms:|
|Request Space||Request Access||Email for Access|
If you see “Authentication Required” box, enter your CampusID info.
|For Recreation members (not on behalf of a student organization or department) who would like to request a reservation for the Picnic Area/Pool at ICRA, you will need to email for access to that form.||Email for Access|
Please review the policies for each area before requesting the space. In addition to the policies listed below, more general policies can be found at Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. Space for the Student Recreation Center (SRC), Indian Creek Recreation Area (ICRA) and Panthersville may be reserved by university departments or university chartered organizations according to specific guidelines. While spaces may be reserved, they may not necessarily be available for exclusive use.
Please limit requests per organization to no more than two reservations per week, no more than two hours at a time and for no longer than four weeks at a time.
Larger groups may require additional university staffing or the University Police. Reservations will be considered only after all departmental scheduling needs are met. A nonrefundable usage fee of at least $25 will be assessed on groups requiring set up and break down.
- The lodge and event lawn is only available for noncommercial use by eligible users.
- Eligible users may only reserve the lodge and event lawn for their own use and may not make reservations for other persons or groups who are not eligible to make reservations directly.
- Eligible users include Georgia State University chartered student organizations and Georgia State University departments for university business.
- Monday through Sunday from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- The requestor may be required to be present 30 minutes prior to the event for a pre-function facility review with the event supervisor.
- The end time is the time that all participants have departed, the closing check off sheet is completed, including noted cleaning, the facility is locked and the driveway gate is locked. Failure to leave at the reserved end time will result in a penalty fee discussed prior to the event booking.
- Contact Haley Carpenter at 404-413-1794 for specific rates.
- All payments must be made at the Student Recreation Center.
- Checks, cash, PantherCash, speed codes and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) are accepted.
- Faculty and staff departments must use a speed code.
- Payment will need to be scheduled with the coordinator for processing. A copy of the email confirmation must be presented at time of payment.
Reservations are accepted from currently enrolled students, recreation members, chartered student organizations and departments of Georgia State University. Member or department contact must be present for the entire event. The member or department contact is responsible for ensuring these policies and procedures are followed.
Pool and picnic area only open between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Picnic Hours and Area Limits
Thursday to Monday from 12 – 7 p.m. Up to four hours per reservation.
This includes use of the two picnic tables, the one existing small charcoal grill, the volleyball court and the playground.
Non-exclusive Pool Access
The pool cannot be reserved for private functions. Anyone wanting pool access at the time of the picnic reservation will need to have that special request noted with the reservation. Pool access will be determined when the reservation is reviewed and is not guaranteed. If permitted, it will be with additional fees.
Seven days prior: Reservations must be submitted online.
Four days prior: Payment in full at either Indian Creek Recreation Area (ICRA) or at the Student Recreation Center. Approval will be canceled if not paid at this time.
48 hours prior: Cancellation by email to the aquatics coordinator is required at least 48 hours prior to the event to receive any refunds. Less than 48 hours notice will result in all fees are being forfeited.
Fees may be paid at Indian Creek Recreation Area (check or cash) or the Student Recreation Center (check, cash, PantherCash, credit card).
Non-exclusive pool usage if granted:
$70: entry up to 25 guests
$140: 26 to 50 guests
Cancellation of an event due to questionable weather will be determined by the aquatic coordinator 24 hours prior to the event. Pool usage fees will be returned only if the aquatic coordinator determines to cancel the event due to weather.
Maximum 50 people per request
Ages 17 and under: Adult supervision required. Groups must have one adult for every five children.
Alcohol and Tobacco
Consumption of alcohol and use of tobacco products are prohibited on Georgia State University property.
Panthersville is only available when the university is in session. Available times are as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 – 9:30 p.m.
Any other days and times are only considered for special circumstances.
Larger groups may require additional university staffing and/or the University Police. Reservations will be considered only after all departmental scheduling needs are met.
- No smoking or use of tobacco products is allowed anywhere on the premises.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed anywhere on the premises.
- No pets are allowed anywhere on the premises, except for animals providing assistance to users with a disability.
- No golfing is permitted anywhere on the grounds.
- No profanity will be tolerated. Anyone using inappropriate language or behaving offensively will be asked to leave the property.
- Do not litter. Participants should use trash containers and not leave any trash or garbage on facility grounds. Any cost for clean-up and/or repairs beyond that of normal use and wear shall be the responsibility of the user.
- No glass on fields. Glass is not permitted on the field for any reason.
- Recreational Services is not responsible for any personal items left unattended and/or unsecured.
- Parking should be confined to the paved or graveled areas only. Parking on grass or dirt is prohibited.
- Anyone who does not follow the policies will be asked to leave the property and could face further disciplinary actions.
- Recreational Services reserves the right to close the facilities for maintenance, preservation of the fields, or cancel any current reservations with a 48 hour advance notice.
- Recreational Services reserves the right to close the use of the facility due to inclement weather.
- Cancellation less than 48 hours will be billed the supervisory cost of that event. Refund of the supervisory fee will only be given if a cancellation is made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled event.