Membership grants you access to all of Recreational Services' facilities and programs on all campuses.
Students enrolled in the current semester who have paid their mandatory fees are automatically members. Memberships are available at the service counter located on the lobby level or online and are available to faculty, staff, retirees and degree-holding alumni of Georgia State (graduation will be verified). Spouses and children of current members may also purchase a membership. Memberships are not available to the general public.
All members must execute the online liability waiver. All members must use their PantherCard to enter and exit the turnstile area. The Student Recreation Center will have PantherCard Controlled Access during our operating hours Monday-Friday before 7:30 a.m. and after 8 p.m. and all-day Saturday and Sunday. During these times, an active PantherCard will be required to access the facility
During PantherCard Controlled Access hours the following passes will not be available: Guest Passes, Day Passes for Retirees, and Degree Holding Alumni.
Refunds are available in certain circumstances. Students are not eligible to receive a refund for membership.
Students who are enrolled in the current semester and paid the student activity fees associated with Recreation have access to all programs, services and facilities at all campuses.
$252 per year or $84 per semester
- Part-time staff are eligible for semester membership only and are not eligible for payroll deduction.
- Payroll deduction is only available for full-time staff. Registration for payroll deduction initiations and terminations must be completed at the Student Recreation Center Service Counter.
$306 per year or $102 per semester (graduation will be verified).
$306 per year or $102 per semester
- Available to a spouse of a current member (this would be verified each semester prior to the purchase and renewal of membership). Proof of relationship will be necessary (marriage certificate) prior to the purchase of membership. The spouse must accompany the member in order to sign up for membership.
- A spouse may use facilities anytime during open hours and does not have to be accompanied by the member, has the same guest privileges as regular members, will be issued a PantherCard and must utilize this card for entering and exiting the building. Lockers may be available for the semester or annual rental at the equipment issue desk for a fee. Day-use lockers are available at no charge.
- Payroll deduction will be available as long as the faculty or staff member is also utilizing this same service (this is not available to the spouse of students).
Seven years of age and younger: Free
Eight to 18 years of age: $25.50 per semester per child
19 to 26 years of age: $51 per semester per child
- All children must be under the direct supervision of their parent or legal guardian.
- Children seven and under are allowed only in the leisure pool. Child guests age seven and under are free.
- Children ages eight to 15 are allowed access to all areas, except the exercise room and free weight area.
- Children ages 16 to 18 are allowed access to all areas.
- The parent or legal guardian of any child younger than 18 will be required to execute the online waiver for the child.
Adult Children of Current Member
19 to 26 years of age: $51 per semester only (parent or guardian must be a current recreation member).
- Parents must accompany adult child in order to sign up for membership.
- Adult child is required to present a photo ID each semester prior to the purchase and renewal of membership.
- Adult child is required to sign a waiver at the service counter.
- Adult child member is required to get a PantherCard after adult child membership is purchased and present this PantherCard for entry and exit.
- For equipment rental, locker rental or program registration, the PantherCard number must be used and the price will be the member rate.
Faculty, staff, retirees and degree hold alumni are allowed to purchase a daily pass for $5.
- Faculty/Staff member must be currently employed by Georgia State and not have a membership.
- Alumni must have a degree from Georgia State (graduation will be verified).
- Must present PantherCard for identification at the Service Counter.
- Must have a waiver on file at the Service Counter.
- The Daily Pass does not allow access to program registration or the ability to bring in a guest.
- Only available at the Student Recreation Center on the Atlanta campus. Guest passes are not offered on the Perimeter campuses.
- Members may bring 1 guest per visit.
- Guest fees are $7 per visit and guests age seven and under are free.
- Each guest 18 and older will be required to sign a waiver and present a physical form of government-issued photo identification.
- The guest must be accompanied by the member throughout the visit. The guest will not have access to program registration or programs.
Membership includes access to the Student Recreation Center and the Recreation facilities at our Perimeter campuses. It also includes the ability to register for the programs and services listed below. There are some restrictions and limitations to some of the programs and services, so be sure to check the specific policies for those programs and services. Membership does not grant you the ability to reserve space. Registered student organizations and departments can request space in our facilities.
In addition to drop-in activities, members have access to the following: