Space for the Student Recreation Center (SRC), Indian Creek Recreation Area (ICRA) and Panthersville may be reserved by university departments or university-registered organizations according to specific guidelines. While spaces may be reserved, they may not necessarily be available for exclusive use.
Our facilities have specific usage hours and are only available when the University is in session.
Please review the policies for each area before requesting the space. In addition to the policies listed below, find general policies on our policies page.
If your organization is attempting to use Virtual EMS to reserve space in the Student Recreation Center, Indian Creek Recreation Area or Panthersville, there is now an additional step needed to access the system. Read more below.
- To access Virtual EMS, first connect to the campus VPN system through Cisco AnyConnect. You can find instructions on how to download, install and connect via Cisco AnyConnect online at technology.gsu.edu.
- Once you connect on VPN, you will be able access Virtual EMS by going online to recreation.gsu.edu and following the instructions on the webpage.
If you have any questions about using VPN, please contact the Help Desk at [email protected] or 404-413-HELP (4357). If you have any issues accessing your Virtual EMS account, please contact Events Management at [email protected] or 404-413-1870.
Guidelines & Policies
Please submit the request at least seven days prior to the event and allow three business days to review the request.
Please limit requests per organization to no more than two reservations per week, no more than two hours at a time and for no longer than four weeks at a time. A non-refundable usage fee of at least $25 will be assessed on groups requiring set up and break down.
- The Indian Creek Recreation Area is only available for non-commercial use by eligible users.
- Eligible users may only reserve the lodge and event lawn for their own use and may not make reservations for other persons or groups who are not eligible to make reservations directly.
- Reservation requests must be submitted no later than 21 days prior to the event.
- Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Rates can be viewed by downloading the Rates, Capacities & Configurations file under Downloads.
- All payments must be made at the Student Recreation Center, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Checks, PantherCash, speed codes and credit cards are accepted.
- Faculty and staff departments must use a speed code.
- An itemized invoice, provided by Indian Creek Recreation Area, must be presented at the time of payment.
- 100% of facility usage fees are due 10 days prior to the event.
Please submit requests at least seven days in advance and allow two to three business days to review the request.
Larger groups may require additional university staffing and/or the University Police. Reservations will be considered only after all departmental scheduling needs are met.
- No smoking or use of tobacco products is allowed anywhere on the premises.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed anywhere on the premises.
- No pets are allowed anywhere on the premises, except for animals providing assistance to users with a disability.
- No golfing is permitted anywhere on the grounds.
- No profanity will be tolerated. Anyone using inappropriate language or behaving offensively will be asked to leave the property.
- Do not litter. Participants should use trash containers and not leave any trash or garbage on facility grounds. Any cost for clean-up and/or repairs beyond that of normal use and wear shall be the responsibility of the user.
- No glass on fields. Glass is not permitted on the field for any reason.
- Recreational Services is not responsible for any personal items left unattended and/or unsecured.
- Parking should be confined to paved or graveled areas only. Parking on grass or dirt is prohibited.
- Anyone who does not follow the policies will be asked to leave the property and could face further disciplinary actions.
- Recreational Services reserves the right to close the facilities for maintenance, preservation of the fields or cancel any current reservations with 48-hour advance notice.
- Recreational Services reserves the right to close the use of the facility due to inclement weather.
- Cancellation of less than 48 hours will be billed the supervisory cost of that event. A refund of the supervisory fee will only be given if a cancellation is made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled event.
404-413-1750 - Atlanta campus
678-891-2728 - Perimeter campuses
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Student Recreation Center
101 Piedmont Ave SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
555 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston, GA 30021
3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur, GA 30034
2101 Womack Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
3N - Field House
239 Cedar Ln
Covington, GA 30014